Emerging Technology is usually about new technology strides, though also defining continuing development status or juxtaposed to varied markets as media, business, science, healthcare or education. Leveraging emerging technology can build brand authority and can also refer to continuing development of an existing technology.
Common strata defines emerging technology as:
- AI, Robotics and Augmented Reality: fusion of real world digital and physical worlds.
- 3-D printing: divergence of metal 3D printing, Binder Jetting as a technology
- 5G: Fifth generation of wireless network technology
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMs): think strides with ink jet print heads, catheters, and embedded IC chips
- Nanomaterials: Stronger materials,intensified strength, scalability, commercialization, sustainability and nanomedicine
- Biotechnology: Physiology on a chip, diversity of genome editing, miniature bioreactors and bionics.